Child Protection Training for School Response Teams
Child Protection Response Team Training
Virtual Level 1 Training
AUDIENCE: School Response Team (up to 4 members per school).
DATE & TIME: October 19-22, 2020 from 9:00-2:00 pm CST
SCHOOLS CAN REGISTER FOR FREE (* FUNDED by the A/OS Grant).
NOTE: Virtual Level II will be scheduled in the Spring of 2021.
- Understand child protection accreditation standards and foundational beliefs
- Determine needed policies and stages of implementation
- Audit or create CP policies and procedures
- Identify supporting resources, including ITFCP Allegation Protocol and materials for staff training
- Prioritize creation of supplemental policies
- Understand victim and offender behavior
- Identify and accomplish five fast tasks that make your school safer
- Practice question formation and understand trauma informed approach as first responder to disclosure
Individual team planning using provided resources will be emphasized. Online tools, such as polling, and breakout rooms will enable participant interaction and exchange by role and country location. Support and resources for whole staff training will be provided through a training the trainer approach.
- Laurie Tasharski. Education Advisor | ICMEC
- Katia Dantas. Policy Director for LAC | ICMEC
- Dr. Jordan Greenbaum. Medical Director of ICMEC’s Global Initiative for Child Health & Well-Being | ICMEC
Participants may include child protection designates and deputies, senior leaders and designated board member, counselors, human resource professionals, athletic and activity directors, nurse/medical staff, and staff with special child protection responsibilities including IT, social emotional learning (SEL), trips/service learning, and curriculum areas of vulnerability including early years, special needs, athletics, music and performing arts.
It is recommended that schools send a minimum of two staff members in support of this learning.
For further information on course content please contact Katia Dantas at: email@example.com or Laurie Tasharski at: firstname.lastname@example.org. Tri- organizer contact: email@example.com.