Informal, ongoing discussion groups, support groups, and brainstorming sessions led by Tri-Association regional staff members targeted at staff members from the region who work in similar roles.
This will provide a space for groups of Tri-Association educators and staff members to dialogue, share, compare, and work together to support each other in their respective roles.
TriTalks - EdTech and IT
We would like to invite all members of the Tri-Association involved in Educational Technology, IT, and Innovation to join this team where we will discuss, support each other, brainstorm, and share best practices about topics related to Technology at schools.
- Audience: Educational Technology specialists, IT Leaders, Innovation departments and anyone related to Technology integration at schools.
- Kick-off meeting: Tuesday, March 8th, 2022 7:00 AM Central Time / 8:00 AM Eastern Time
- Facilitator: Rossy Cajiga, Academic Technology Coordinator at the John F. Kennedy school in Querétaro, Mexico & Francisco Rodríguez, Technology and Innovation Head. Fundación Liceo Inglés, Pereira Colombia
- Language: English and/or Spanish
Zoom link: Join the Zoom meeting https://zoom.us/j/96137272239?
ID: 961 3727 2239
Access Code: 661256
TriTalks - Preschool / Early Childhood Leaders
We are excited to extend our network of Early Learning leaders and invite everyone throughout the Tri-Association who is interested in sharing best practice and brainstorming innovations with colleagues.
- Audience: Early Learning leaders or Principals
- Kick off meeting: Tuesday, March 8th at 9:00 AM Central Time / 10:00 AM Eastern Time
- Facilitator: Debra Cortney, Preschool Principal at John F. Kennedy school in Querétaro, Mexico
- Language: Spanish
TriTalks - Service Learning
Let's connect and share our experiences and/or interests in linking curriculum with real world issues (social, environmental). Whether you call it service learning, project based learning that addresses needs in the community or any variation of those, we recognize the value this practice has on student learning and engagement.
- Audience: community service coordinator, service learning coordinator, PBL, interdisciplinary projects
- Kick-off meeting: Wednesday, March 9 from 9-10 a.m. Central Time / 10-11 a.m. Eastern Time
- Facilitator: Marcela Chiaradia, Community Service & Service Learning Coordinator, CNG (Colombia)
- Language: English/Spanish
Zoom link: Marcela's Personal Zoom Link
TriTalks - Human Resources (HR)
This group is designed to facilitate meaningful, open discussions among HR professionals, so we can build capacity through knowledge sharing, networking, collaborating and encourage each other to be our best in the HR profession.
- Audience: Human Resources Managers and professionals in charge of Human Resources
- Date and Time: Thursday, March 17, 1:00-2:00pm Central Time / 2:00 – 3:00pm Eastern Time
- Facilitator: Ana María de León, The International School of Panama, Talent & Culture Manager.
- Language: English
Video Call link:
Google Meet joining info
Video call link: https://meet.google.com/xkp-
TriTalks - School Counseling and School Psychology
The first reunion will be with the objective of meeting each other and to share the objective of this new group, to have a space where all can contribute or find tools to improve our role for our school communities.
- Audience: Counselors, Psychologists, Psico-orientadores, Social Workers
- Kick-off meeting: March 10th, 10a.m. Central Time, Mexico City / 11a.m. Estern time.
- Facilitator: Clarisa Montes de Oca student Support Services Coordination in the John F. Kennedy School The American School of Queretaro. Mexico.
- Language: Could be in both languages depending on the participants.
Zoom link: Counselors meeting https://meet.google.com/gsg-
TriTalks - Special Needs, Special Education and Inclusion
I hope to have a diverse group of educators in the area of Special Education to collaborate about RTI, development of Inclusion Plans/IEPs, interventions, professional development, data analysis, school wide systems, communication, autism, evaluations and more.
- Audience: Special Education specialists, Inclusion leads, Special Education Directors
- Kick-off meeting: March 17th, 3:00pm Central Time / 4:00pm Eastern time
- Facilitator: Kelly Kelley, Director of Inclusion at the American Nicaraguan School Pathways-12th grade
- Language: English
Zoom link: Zoom
TriTalks - DEIJ
Facilitator: Julieta Bossa - email@example.com
Date and time of first session: Thursday, March 31st from 10am-11am (Central time/Colombian time)
Zoom Link: Zoom Link DEIJ
Description: The purpose of this group is to discuss DEIJ experiences from other schools (not just the policy). We would like to support discussions around these questions:
- How do we support all community members within our schools regardless of their sexual identiy, gender, race, ethnicity, social class, etc.?
- What happens when a student/parent/teacher transitions to a different gender identity in terms of support given, the reality at school, use of bathrooms, education for the community, cultural resistance, etc.?
- What are the overall DEIJ approaches, first steps?
- How do we support all members of our communities?